I’m back on here with another one of my absolute favorite recipes, that I’ve completely fallen in love with. Every single time I’ve made this recipe it’s been in large quantities, and every single time it’s all gone in a matter of time.This dish is on my “whatever is on the fridge” type of recipes list. There is no specific way to make it, adjustments can be done, and any ingredients of your choice can be added. With that being said, I would love to walk you through how I make this soup, and would love to hear how you decide to make yours.
I strongly believe that many times when recipes have to be be followed step by step and one single ingredient makes or breaks a recipe, it defeats people instead of encouraging them to cook whole, nutritious meals at home.
I hope by sharing this recipe you will realize how easy it can be to incorporate real, whole foods into delicious, quick meals that will leave you and your family coming back for seconds.
- 4-6 Roma tomatoes
- 1/2 Large onion
- 3 Cups of water/ bone broth/ chicken broth
- 1/2 lb shredded chicken
- 1 can of corn
- 1 can black beans
- 1 can kidney beans
- 1 Large zucchini
- salt and pepper ( to taste )
- 1/2 cup of heavy cream
- 1-3 tbsp adobo chipotle (optional)
- Shredded cheese (optional)
- Avocado (optional)
1. In a blender add roma tomatoes, onion, chipotle adobo, seasoning, and heavy cream. Blend until all ingredients are combined and smooth.
2. Strain all of your canned veggies, rinse and set aside.
3. Add your blended ingredients into a pot to medium heat.
4. once the ingredients in the pot come a warm temperature add your canned veggies.
5. Add your cooked meat of choice add mix throughly.
6. Serve in a bowl, add some avocado on top and enjoy!
*** Rice can be served with this soup as well and it tastes amazing! ***