Hi y ‘all! I’m back and ready to share all of the delicious recipes I’ve falling in love with these past months. As many of you know, my journey with Young living Essential Oils began a little over six months ago. It all started as a way for me to support a friend and has turned into a complete lifestyle. Who would have thought that so many things could be dome with essential oils?! Not me..
One of the big reasons to why I love cooking with Young Living Vitality Essential Oils, is because of the convenience and money saving that comes with it, yes money saving! Many believe that essential oils are expensive, and that is totally true when not used the correct way. I could not tell you the number times I’ve gone to the farmers market, purchased organic basil, lemons, and herbs, used a very small part of them for a recipe and the rest went in the trash because it just sat around and eventually went bad. With good quality essential oils like Young Living, who are not filled with synthetic additives or expiration dates, you can ensure to add the best quality and flavor to your food by adding only a couple of drops.
One of my favorite things in the world are deserts, but I’m not a huge baker so I never have all of the ingredients I need for certain recipes and fun quickly turns into a chore for me. A few months ago I was invited to a Young Living Essential oil party, and I like cook so I automatically felt entitled to make something!!
After a little hesitation I gave in and decided to make some muffins and add Lemon Vitality Essential Oil to my recipe, and to my surprise they came out awesome! No need to run to the store just for lemons! Game changer!
- 3 Cup all-purpose flour
- 1 Cup sugar
- 2 tbsp. of poppy seeds
- 1 tbsp. of baking powder
- ½ tsp of baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 1½ C plain whole milk yogurt or low-fat yogurt
- 3 drops of Young Living Lemon Vitality Essential Oil
- 2 large eggs
- 8 tbsp of unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- Turn oven to 375 degrees F. Grease 12-cup muffin tin.
- Whisk flour, sugar, poppy seeds, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk yogurt, 3 drops of Lemon Vitality Essential Oil, and eggs until smooth. Gently add yogurt mixture into flour mixture until just combined. Add in melted butter.
- Divide batter evenly among prepared muffin cups. (I like to use this ice cream scoop to make it easy) Bake until golden brown and toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 20 to 25 minutes.(Rotate muffin tin halfway through baking).
- Remove muffin tin to a wire rack. Sprinkle with coarse sugar. Let muffins cool in tin for 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack and let cool for another 10 minutes before serving.
*** Remember to always start small when cooking with oils, a drop may not seem like a lot but the flavor can be very strong. Less is always more. ***
If you would like to learn more information about Young Living Essential Oils pelease contact me! If would like to join the Oily family please press the link below!
With love and pinch of salt,