Today I am eager to share one of a hand full of recipes using Young living vitality essential oils! YES essential oils. Before visiting any of this recipes, I would like each one of you to take the time and read the safety tips below. I hope you all enjoy this delicious recipe!
Not all essential oils are created equally and some brands add synthetic fillers to their oils and blends. Please be sure to check the label before ingesting any essential oil and remember that some essential oils (regardless of the brand) should not be ingested. If the bottle does not state ‘for dietary use’ or if it does not list ‘supplement facts’ then I would advise that you do not ingest it. If you are unsure if you should ingest essential oils then please do further research and consult with your health care provider. I am not a medical professional and do not aim to provide medical advice.
This Sesame Orange Chicken is just like the sticky-sweet orange chicken you find in Western Chinese restaurants, but without all of the questionable ingredients. I went ahead and pared my Sesame Orange Chicken with fried cauli-rice.
- 1 pounds chicken breast, cut into bite-size pieces
- 4 tablespoons your choice of cooking oil.
- 2/3 cup soy sauce or liquid aminos or coconut aminos
- 2 inches fresh ginger, chopped or ginger seasoning
- 4 cloves garlic, minced or garlic powder
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- pinch of red pepper flakes
- 5-8 drops orange vitality essential oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- For this recipe I decided I wanted my chicken to be breaded. I coated my chicken pieces with flour, egg and bread crumbs and cooked them in my air-fryer.
- Heat 2 tablespoons coconut oil in a cast iron skillet.
- Add the chicken and saute until chicken begins to brown on the outside and is no longer pink on the inside. Set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, combine the other two tablespoons of coconut oil, soy sauce (or aminos), ginger, garlic, black pepper, and red pepper flakes. ( All of the measurements can be adjusted to your liking)
- Whisk these ingredients together over low-medium heat and simmer 5 minutes.
- Remove sauce from heat and pour it into your blender to blend ginger and garlic.
- Transfer the sauce back to the saucepan and add the orange juice (or water + orange vitality essential oil. Whisk well to combine.
- Taste the sauce, adjust any of the ingredients until you are satisfied with the flaor.
- Transfer the chicken to the pan of sauce and stir to coat the chicken.
- Add the sesame seeds and stir again.
- Serve immediately over spaghetti squash or cauli-rice and enjoy!
With love and a pinch of salt,