Growing up the only vegetable I liked was cauliflower and I can not believe it took me this long to realize all the awesome things cauliflower can substitute. I don’t know about you but my problem is binge eating and at times rewarding myself with food. I do an amazing job working out, tackling all the obstacles the day troughs at me and at the end I reward myself with food, making all of the efforts made throughout the day meaningless to me.
Finding the balance in life where I am putting healthy, real food into my body and still get to enjoy life is important for me. I prefer the idea of wanting to do something rather than having to and I feel the same way when it comes to food. I want to incorporate more real foods into my body because I want to be the best of that I can be and do not because I’ve damaged by body to the point where I will have no other option.
This cauliflower alfredo sauce is great! Perfect for pizza, pasta, or even by itself!!
This is another great, inexpensive recipe you can try at home with your family and friends making sure you are providing enough vegetable and nutrition that our bodies needs.
- 1 head of cauliflower.
- Salt (to taste)
- Pepper (to taste)
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese.
- 7 cloves of garlic (minced garlic will work too)
- 1/2 cup of broth or water used to cook cauliflower.
- Wash and cut cauliflower into florets.
- Place cauliflower into a large put filled with water or broth. Cook cauliflower until tender.
- Remove cauliflower from water and allow for it to cool down a little before blending.
- Place cauliflower, garlic, cheese and half a cup of cooking water or broth in a blender. Blend until is completely smooth. Add more liquid to your sauce if it is too thick for your liking.
- Taste sauce and salt and pepper if needed.
- The sauce can be used right away or stored in a refrigerated into ready to use.
With love and a pinch of salt,