If you are the type of person who enjoys making delicious meals that will make you look as if you spent hours in the kitchen preparing them, this is the dish for you! Coconut Chicken Curry is such a delicious, paleo, gluten free, and dairy free meal option, that will have you and your family asking for seconds.
My version of this recipe is very easy to follow and make yourself, as well as flexible for you to make any changes you would like.
- 1 lb of boneless chicken breast
- 2 cups of white rice
- 1 can of chickpeas, drained
- 1 can of peas, drained
- 3 Tbsp of red curry paste
- 1 onion, chopped
- Minced garlic
- Salt (to taste)
- Paprika (to taste)
- Pepper (to taste)
- 1 can of coconut milk
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- Rosemary (optional)
- Thyme (optional)
- 1 cup of chopped carrots
- Prepare all of your ingredients before starting to cook.
- Add olive oil to a large size pan and allow it to warm up, then add your chopped onion, carrots and garlic. Allow for it to soften and cook completely.
- While you wait for your onion and carrots to cook, cut your chicken breast into small, bite size squares.
- Once carrots are soften and onions are caramelized, add your chicken along with your seasonings and mix. Reduce heat to medium and allow for it to cook slowly so all flavors can mix without getting burned or stuck to your pan.
- While your chicken is cooking, make sure you get your 2 cups of white rice ready. You can cook them in a rice cooker or in a regural pan.
- In a blender or separate bowl container, add one full can of coconut milk, curry paste and mix well.
- Once the chicken is mostly cooked, add peas and chickpeas into pan and mix.
- Once all of your ingredients are mixed, pour your curry paste into pan, mix, reduce heat to low and allow all flavors to combine for a few minutes.
- This step is totally optional but I promise you, it will do wonders! I like to add a very small about of butter, olive oil or ghee to my rice along with a pinch of rosemary and thyme. This will add a lot of flavor to plain rice.
- Once rice and chicken are ready, serve together and enjoy!
With Love and A Pinch of Salt,