So 2018 comes around, you write down all of your New Years resolutions, make one of them “To lose weight” or “Eat healthier” then life happens… Vacation is over and you have to go back to work, loads of laundry have to get done, homework has to get turned in, AND then you get hungry! What now?
This Stir-Fry is recipe the definition of “You are what you eat” and “You can make your own choices” Too dramatic some may say but it is so important to remember that just like one McDonald meal did not make you gain weight neither will one healthy meal make you healthy. Small changes become habits.
This Recipe is super easy and I am sure many of you may see it or even tried it yourself, and for the ones who haven’t yet, this is a great alternative to still have a delicious meal without the extra carbs and calories.
- 1lb of chicken brest
- Mix stir fry veggies (frozen or fresh) I used snap peas, brocoli, carrots and baby corn
- 1 bag of cauliflower rice or one head of fresh cauliflower
- Asian Stir-Fry sauce (you can use any sauce you would like)
- Soy sauce or Aminos
- Salt (to taste)
- Pepper (to taste)
- Garlic powder (to taste)
- Onion powder (to taste)
- Clean up you chicken breast and cut in small chunks.
- If you do no have your cauliflower rice already done, all you have to do is wash, cut and put in blender or food prossesor. This step should not take you more than 5 minutes, and you only need to blend enough for them to look like small chunks, just like rice.
- In a large pan add a little oil of your choice, I used Ghee. Once oil is hot add chicken chunks and your seasoning of choice. let it cook by its self until the outside of the chicken is completely white.
- Once your chicken is white and half-cooked you will add you mix veggies, stir and place a top on your pan to allow the chicken to cook all the way and veggies to soften and steam.
- Once you allowed your veggies and chicken to fully cook for about 4-5 minutes, add your Asian sauce of choice and mix. allow to simmer for 2 mins.
- once step 5 is complete add your cauliflower rice and mix well.
- Add 1 tbsp of soy sauce or aminos for flavor while the rice cauliflower if still cooking.
- Cauliflower rice should not make any more than 5 minutes to be ready! once that is done you can let it cool down , serve and enjoy!
I hope you all enjoy this recipe and maybe even try to make it yourself! Please comment bellow is you have any questions!
With love and a pinch of salt always,