I am convinced, I will never again eat plain banana bread again! Chocolate makes Everything better, including banana bread.
Banana bread has always been a signature treat to have with breakfast, lunch or dinner at our house. Without a doubt bananas are one of our favorite fruits in our home, the only problem with bananas is how quickly the ripen and sense we are not the ones to waste, I just chop them up in pieces and throw them in the freezer to later make delicious banana bread and my daily green juices (recipe will be posted later) After many trial and errors I discovered that this! THIS! is what makes this banana bread to die for….. chocolate!
As you will probably notice in the pictures below, I decided to add walnuts to this batch and it tuned out amazing, though they can be totally left out or substituted by other nuts or toppings.
The great thing about all of the recipes I like to share with you is the flexibility you can have with them. The purpose of the sharing the food I make is not for you to simply make replica of it, but to make it your own and fall in love with it!
What you will need:
- 2 -3 ripe bananas
- 1 stick or butter or margarine
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup of milk ( or almond milk)
- 2 cups of flour ( or whole wheat flour/ almond flour)
- 1 cup of sugar (or Tevia)
- 2 tsp of backing powder
- Pinch of salt
- Vanilla extract (optional)
- Cinnamon (optional)
- Allow some time for your eggs to become room temperature and butter to soften.
- In a large bowl or mixer start by mixing your flour, sugar, backing powder, and salt.
- Then one by one, add milk, eggs, and butter.
- While allowing your ingredients to mix, in a separate plate press down your bananas until paste like texture and slowly mix with other ingredients.
- Pre-heat tour oven at 350 degrees and cook for 1 hour.
Hope you try this at home and enjoy it as much as we do, with love and a pinch of salt