Hello everyone, happy Thursday!
I hope you all had a great beginning of the week and are starting to get plans ready for this upcoming weekend! Last night I decided to keep it quick and simple, so tacos it was!
The way I like so spend most of my time… and money when I go grocery shopping is on the produce section. Although I do not follow any specific lifestyle diet ( Paleo, keto, vegan, ect.) I still strongly believe on the importance of putting real foods into our bodies.
If you are like me, I tend to buy things at the store that I “promise” myself I will eat or use and end up not doing so. This horrible tendency started to become more and more noticeable to me once I got married and was living out of my mom’s house. Fresh fruits and vegetables tend to be more expensive and go bad ALOT sooner than canned, processed foods.
With that being said, something I do now that seems to work great, is to make sure I add fruits and vegetables to everything I cook for this a coupple of reasons;
- I use up all the things I’m spending money on.
- Great way to hide fruits and Veggies to “picky eaters” (My husband).
- I’m making sure that aside from eating delicious dishes, I am also getting all the vitamins and nutrients my body needs.
Finally! that brings me to this quick, simple and delicious recipe!
NOTE: This is so simple you can pretty much make it any way you want to!
Things I used:
- Chipotle Tortillas (Trader Joe’s)
- Fat Free retried beans (Optional)
- Shredded cheese (Optional)
- 1 lb of Chicken breast tender lions (Aldi)
- Tomato, Onion, Jalapeno, Corn & avocado – to make ” Pico de gallo” + salt/pepper/garlic powder to taste.
- Buffalo flavored panko ( commissary )
- Once your chicken tenderloins are defrosted and cleaned its time to bread them! I put them into flour, then egg, and lastly cover them in panko. If you want to skip flour and egg, you could use a little olive oil into panko and mix it up. It works fine and it sticks to the chicken too.
- To avoid all the extra calories I use my air-fryer to “Fry” my food. If you have an air-fryer your self you could put your chicken for 10 mins at 350 degrees. If you decide to fry or bake yours that would be just fine too!
- Once you are waiting for your chicken to be ready, make your “Pico de gallo”. Cut your tomato, onion, jalapeno, corn, avocado and combine into a bowl. Add lemon/lime juice, salt, pepper, and garlic powder to taste.
- Now worm up your beans and tortillas!
Once this is all ready, you are ready to assemble and enjoy!